Sunday 24 July 2011

I Am Not Worthy


This post is to give thanks to my mother. Mothers are generically described as being beautiful human beings without whom we couldn't live. Mothers are complex beings, and I don't like to stereotype them. However, I Truly Could Not Live Without My Mother. Not just because she makes sure I can walk out of the house with matching socks and hole-less underwear. Not just because she made chocolate brownies when I came home. Also because she saved the unsavable; my yellow hat!

Stitches are picked up! And she did it to match the pattern! She is a Goddess among knitters! I am truly not worthy.

That Damned Hat is findable on Ravelry, as is my new project (started to mourn the old one, a potentially vicious cycle really) the Rylands Cabled Hat, which looks a real treat in the red. The wool I have is much darker, a very drinkable wine colour. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

On another note, a while ago I saw My Own Private Idaho for the first time. I have to say, I didn't entirely understand it but it was a madly beautiful and heart breaking ride. This is one of those films that makes me want to see America. Such fantastic scenery, I love the way that Gus Van Sant lingers on it. Also have to love how it lingers on Mr Phoenix and Mr Reeves at times. Can it somehow be possible to see America in the early 1990s? I'll bring my own Docs and flannelette, I promise. Truly, I am not worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment