Wednesday 27 July 2011

Yarngasm

Etsy generally makes me dizzy with glee. However, I saw two sellers recently who have made me post-coital drunk and happy. Hello Sweet Basil Fibreworks and Dye For Wool.

SBFW’s colours are so gloriously natural. There is nothing flashy, the wool just looks down-to-earth but still stunningly beautiful. I can imagine a gruff yet trendy farmer being completely at home in an Aran sweater made from this stuff. Or me. I’d also like it. And I’m neither gruff nor adept at animal husbandry.

DFW’s are just beyond words. The colours! Oh the colours! Can I swim in them? This wool is so delectable, I want it to knit ME. This is the new direction towards which everyone who wants to buy me a birthday/Christmas present shall go. Also please note the awesomeness of the naming of the wool colours. Poisoned blueberry tart? Burnt cinnamon roll? Rotten butter? Yes please.

Oh! Oh! Pass the tissues. Total Etsy Yarngasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment