Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tuneful Tuesday: Brooding Males

There is certainly something about brooding males. Especially if they’re tall, handsome and a little bit sinister. Of course it helps if they can write incredibly heart-rending songs and have voices like molasses.

Nick Cave apparently wrote Into My Arms after the break-up of his marriage. He had a young son at the time too, and the film clip is suitably dark and beautiful.

Oh, Tex. With a name like Tex, what more do you need? Oh yes, he also has tattoos and has a slight paunch. It is all endearing.

The animation in Gotye’s clip is incredible. His music is beautiful as well, of course. He’s our favourite Belgian-Australian. And his real name is Wally! Not even Tex can beat that.

Okay, so these guys are obviously brooding in a band. I don’t mind the odd mass-brood myself. The song is so heart-breaking, it’s more than worth it. The lead singer also has a trendy grey suit. It makes me want to splash paint on him Jackson Pollock-style.

MGF stands for Machine Gun Fellatio. Needless to say, they are deliciously naughty. They were banned from playing on campus at the University of Sydney because of the frequent nudity in their live shows. This is one of their most tame songs and video clips, but it was a staple for me when I rifled through my sister’s CD collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment