Monday 5 September 2011

To Eat, Perchance To Knit

While glancing through my mother’s magazines recently, I came across this beauty on the cover of Australian Gourmet Traveller.

The recipe is on the website, and sure at first glance (glance? More like first rapturous gaze), all you really see is the dark denseness of that chocolate tart. Denseness in a man: very bad unless he’s very handsome; denseness in a chocolate tart: the realm of true holiness.

But then look at the colour of those glorious quinces! After wiping the drool off my chin, I thought how fantastic it would be to knit something in that delicious quince-y colour. I’m sure there is wool out there somewhere with that colour.

Then I unearthed a heap of other things in different colours I’d love to knit with. I’m sure bees experience similar feelings when faced with riotously coloured flowers.

Got to love the orange penguins! The simple design and that bright orange colour. Marketing genius! Well clearly I fall for it anyway....

This Kookaburra was hunting for worms when he spied me admiring his feathers. I love his stripy tail of course, but that beautiful colour change in his body is beautiful too- powder blue and chocolate brown!

Pink would not be my first choice for wool, but this pink has balls. This pink is not to be messed with.

Aaah, marigolds. Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment