Monday 12 September 2011

FIN: Wine Vaults Hat



This is the Rylands Hat by Patricia Clift-Martin, on Ravelry of course. This is her blog here.

It isn’t a very deep hat to be honest. I thought it would be much more beret-like, with a tiny bit of slouch. None at all though! That’s okay, it’s still a beautiful textural hat. And it is just long enough to ensure the tops of my ears will be toasty. The pattern is fantastically well written though, and if you really wanted a deeper hat, you could just do another set of the pattern.

I called my version Wine Vaults obviously because of the colour. I like that this hat was made in honour of a vaulted ceiling in a Reading Room. It appeals to my sensibility. It's amazing what you can be inspired by!

Oh! And I tried the magic loop method this time, rather than my metal wire and pliers technique. It was easier than I thought. Just goes to show what you can do if you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment