Monday 3 October 2011

Material Comforts

I’m absolutely positive that the wait to go into a new fabric store is a form of sexual tension. Experience has since told me that the guilt from going in to aforementioned fabric stores and spending lots of money (albeit on beautiful material) is the equivalent of having revenge sex with an ex-boyfriend. Not that that’s ever happened. But I imagine on the scale of Guilt Incurred it comes close.

Japanese prints and Liberty of London cottons. They are so pretty. In the mad lustful frenzy that ensued my breaking of the sexual tension, I played with things that I really should have steered clear of, at least until there is a significant incoming flow of money, rather than just the relentless outgoing that pretty fabric has reduced me to. Oh cottons fair! Ye are cold hearted wenches.

Oh, who am I kidding. I HAVE NEW FABRICS AND THEY ARE EDIBLE. They make me drool at their colours and patterns and potentiality. I will gladly make a nest out of them in which to raise my young. The Fabric Store here has a lot of cheaper designer fabric, but not a very good website. Tessuti Fabrics is here and has the most delicious website and store. Clothfabric here I didn’t find (also I’d already spent too much), but they look like they have some nice earthy fabrics from how the site looks.

So here are my three beautiful fabrics.

And here is the pattern I am planning to make in triplicate with these fabrics. A very beautiful Cynthia Rowley creation. This will be my first sewing project unaided by my lovely Mother. The problem now is to find a sewing machine. But that is a whole other post....

No comments:

Post a Comment