Sunday 23 October 2011

Letter to a Sewing Machine



Dear Bernina Sewing Machine (possibly called Bowie or Fleetwood),

I hardly knew what life was before I found you. You are beautiful, my Bernina 801 Sport. Your brown 80s facade is like the delicate crust of soil on the edge of my favourite boots in winter. Your plastic tartan cover is like the best of Johnny Rotten and the best of Mrs Beeton combined. I want to thread your needle and wind your bobbins all night long.

I am sew into you, my Bernina. I know you will forgive my horrible puns, because you are so Swiss and stoic. We could make great things together. We could be happy just in each other’s company as time unspools before us. I promise to rub your feet after a long, hard day and service you anytime you want.

Be mine, oh beautiful Bernina Machina, always. At least until I can afford to upgrade to the delicious Bernina 1008.

All my love

xoxox

n

No comments:

Post a Comment